Sunday, May 4, 2014

Earth, Wind, and Archways



What’s happening peoples? It’s the concept kid checking in once again with more goodies and what have you! So I hope everybody has been doing pretty good out there?  The quarter is winding down and I’m sure everybody is feeling the pinch!  But stay after it, make sure you rest, and bring it home! So now that I’ve got my cheerleader rant out the way, its time to get down on the new stuff.So in essence, I’ve still been out here on environment beautification and beauty I have. T’oh!




Okay, so first up we have the magical wind elevator.  First thing I did was make everything round to help drive home the magical circle bit. I also threw in a bunch of rune type engravings to show some semblance of an ancient magical language and or culture. I looked into some Egyptian as well as Celtic markings to draw inspiration for the engravings and pretty much went from there. I also tossed them on them on to draw attention to them as magical items and to help unify them with the other “man-made” objects throughout our tutorial level.



 The archway is made basically off the tried and true formula of grime, cracks and moss. I tried to sneak in as much moss as I could in between the stones due to the fact tha its near a waterfall and that stuff is going to sneak up in there due to the waters nourishing powers! It turned out pretty good! 

Anyways, that’s all I got for now, I’ll catch you kids next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment